Aim of this meeting will be to bring together scientists from different fields of biology across different parts of the country having the common goal of ‘understanding the properties of cells and its dynamics’. We are aiming to create a platform for biologists, to have the opportunity of listening to various interesting discoveries in the field and, sharing results and ideas. Hope that this meeting will bridge people to initiate new collaborations. Sessions on cell biology education, what a career in cell biology means, scientific writing and ethics are also planned. Corporate sector that helps cell biology research by manufacturing/distributing equipment and resources will play an active part in showcasing their latest products.
The Indian Society of Cell Biology was formally launched in 1976 as a Registered Society. The society aimed to promote confluence of areas such as ultra-structure, immunology, microbiology, genetics, chromosome biology, taxonomy, developmental biology, biochemistry and physiology at one forum.
The charm and beauty sets the right ambience for BITS Pilani, an Institute of Eminence, K K Birla Goa Campus. A sprawling green campus situated in the bank of ‘Zuari River’ next to Dabolim airport Goa. The Institute building is architecturally appealing with a lovely library, state-of-the-art sports facilities, air-conditioned classrooms and student hang-out places.
- Structure and function of cell and cell organelles.
- Cellular signaling and development
- Cell physiology and biochemistry
- Genetics, cytogenetics and bioinformatics
- Molecular biology
- Nanobioscience and toxicology
- Host pathogen interaction.
View the programme here.
- Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India.
- Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.